This week saw part two of a series of personal styling events with Melanie Albisser at Modissa in Zurich -(read all about the first session and 7 top styling tips here). Not to fear though there is always so much to be said about fashion – todays post highlights totally new tips and tricks we can all use – tips that that are useful to abide by regardless of trends.
My heart skipped a beat as Melanie spoke about trying on trousers – we’ve all been there haven’t we – in a changing room, trying on 3 pairs of trousers none of which look good on us, we decide our legs are fat, we are too short, too tall, diet in order – the list goes on.
The brilliant news it’s not You it’s the Cut – it happens to all of us and the problem is in the cut of the trousers. Just like the fact that everyone’s body shape is different – so are trouser cuts. It’s important you find a cut that’s perfect for You!
Surviving Trouser shopping – personal tip is if you try on trousers of a particular brand and the first pair doesn’t suit – either make sure the next pair is a totally different cut or walk out and try a different brand – don’t torture yourself !!!!
Melanie says be brave and try out leather trousers this season – apparently you can wear them in the office too provided they are combined properly and not skinny legging style.
5 More Staple Styling Tips:
- Jackets should always finish at least at the widest part of your body – it’s OK if longer but a cropped jacket over wide hips is not a good look.
- Bad Taste Days – we all have these and the trick to surviving these is to have an outfit ready which you can wear for those days…I actually wrote a post about this awhile ago – see “Bad Taste Day Survival”
- Uni-coloured outfits are totally in trend this season so do go for them but as a rule, especially for the office, make sure you combine with a statement piece such as jewellery, scarf or coloured shoes otherwise you run the risk of being labelled as boring.
- Heel size – should be in relation to your body size. If you are of larger proportions a super skinny heel is not the best look – fortunately thick heels are todays top trend! The same applies to petite people – the super chunky shoe trend may overpower you (speaking from experience here – smile)
- Cleaning Collars – makeup on your crisp white shirt sound familiar- the solution is simple: get a packet of Nivea face cleansing wipes!
This Weeks Outfit Samples:
Getting the feeling a coat with furry collar belongs in everyones wardrobe this season!
Stripes haven’t left us!
A little fun Kenzo number.
How to tie a coat belt…
The little Chanel look – note the petrol blue – more about this colour in next post, stay tuned!
The denim trend – worn differently this season – Love that jumper too!
A little event impression gallery…
Sign up for the FunkyForty newsletter to hear about other upcoming fashion events!
Please don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all.
The comment section is at the end of the post, I love reading all your comments.
I have added a subscription button to the blog and would appreciate it soooooooo much if you take the time to sign up. You will then be notified by email when a new post is made.
Wishing you all a fabulous day!
33 Persons think this post is funky