Hi there hope you’re having a good day!
Todays post is about 7 Super Styling Tips learnt at a styling event this week.
It’s funny isn’t it..whilst always on the look out for new trends and staying on top of fashion how many of us really think about the basic style tips…admittedly I always have that 3 colour rule at the back of my mind but that’s where it starts and ends.
Are you like that or do you have a whole list of styling tips engraved in your mind?
This week I had the opportunity to invite a group of women to a styling event at Modissa with one of Zurich’s top stylists – Melanie Albisser…as you can see we were all super interested in what she had to tell us.
What really made many of us think was when she spoke about the unconscious mind and how it takes over for regular tasks we perform including our fashion choices…think about it do you think this happens to you too? Initially I thought “no way”… and then I thought about driving – how often do you simply get into the car and drive to wherever you’re going not thinking of how to get there – or you are en-route to a new place and have found yourself driving a regular route totally wrong for where you want to go… Scary to think this is happening about fashion too!
What I do know is that even as a fashion blogger I will go and grab “safe outfits” if I don’t have the time to really think about something new.
7 Top Styling Tips Stuck in my mind:
- Start each season by buying 2 whole outfits to multi combine – this really makes sense. As Melanie said – when we stand in front of our full cupboards thinking we have nothing to wear it’s because we have too many singular pieces that can’t be combined nicely.
- Combine your culottes with boots the same colour – this will immediately give you an extended leg.
- Trousers should never be tight over the thighs – ok skinny jeans excluded but this talk was mostly about business fashion.
- A belt should not be worn to hold trousers up – it is there to look pretty. For the office make sure you don’t wear chunky belts. Keep them slim and stylish.
- A suit must always fit perfectly – I know this personally from experience, a wardrobe full of suits and then nothing to wear for an important business meeting.
- One coat is no longer enough – today a coat is a part of your styling, including what’s worn underneath – sounds like the 50’s right – smile.
- The colour red is not good for a job interview – it portrays power and will most likely scare a potential employer.
Of course Melanie had many other style tips but as we are repeating this next week i’ll leave those for my next post!
Some of the outfits shown to us:
Remember they will look different on a person!
A little event impression gallery…
Another of these events will be taking place next Wednesday 14th September. They are strictly invite only as I like to make sure there is time for everyone to be given some personal time at the end if they choose.
If you are in Zurich and interested in joining please send me an email on email@example.com
Please don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all.
The comment section is at the end of the post, I love reading all your comments.
I have added a subscription button to the blog and would appreciate it soooooooo much if you take the time to sign up. You will then be notified by email when a new post is made.
Wishing you all a fabulous day!
27 Persons think this post is funky