It all happened for me personally whilst visiting New York in 2011…on shopping tour my hubby saw the first generation On running shoes. Being Swiss and curious about this new revolution plus knowing these shoes were Swiss design we both bought our very first pair.
All I can say is once On you never go back!
These days at least one pair of On running shoes are essential to my wardrobe – am now on my 3rd pair – this time super cute turquoise.
My favourite quote is: “not without my on“
- So light you sometimes even forget you’re wearing shoes.
- Elastic laces make them super easy to slip on and off.
- Pretty colours and elegant look so perfect for both town and sports.
- The only shoes I ever wear when travelling long distance.
- So flexible they fit into any corner of your suitcase.
Having confessed my love affair with this brand you can imagine how happy I was when my dear friend Beatrice from Ask The Monsters asked me to go along to the launching of the new On Apparel…Then out of this world when I was given my very own set to try out. This is what happened in the garden:
Super surprised at how high I jumped – a true reflection of these fabulous soles.
4 Things everyone should know about On shoes:
- 2010 the On evolution began when ex top sportsman Olivier Bernhard got together with 2 Swiss friends, David Allemann and Caspar Coppetti.
- The special cloud sole is technically so designed that it will mould around your foot and not the other way around.
- The On Cloud is the lightest fully cushioned running shoe in the world.
- 2013/2014 On won the first ISPO Gold Award for best Performance Running Shoe (Cloudracer) and won the same award again 2015/2016 (second ISPO Gold Award for the best Performance Running Shoe) with the model Cloud.
Now their new clothing collection has also been designed super carefully by Thilo Alex Brunner with:
- hidden pockets,
- special zips,
- super elasticity
- lighter than any other sports gear I own
- very classic stylish design making it multi functional.
I’ve just tested my lovely new set out in the Austrian Mountains (more about that trip next Sunday on funkyforty.com).
Check out more on the official On-running website – I see they even have special events and great tips for runners!
Throw back picture of very first pair of On shoes in New York 2011
Special thanks to:
- On for asking me to test their clothing,
- My dear blogger friend Annette from Lady of Style and my Hubby for photos
The comment section is at the end of the post,I love reading all your comments.
I have added a subscription button to the blog. I would appreciate it if you would take the time to sign up. You will then be notified by email when a new post is made.
Wishing you all a fabulous day!
10 Persons think this post is funky