Don’t you just love berries in Summer. I certainly do and this blueberry tarte has to be one of my favourite Summer recipes to bake as it literally only takes 5 minutes plus baking time to make.
There are only 5 ingredients so most Summer I make sure these are staples in the kitchen, just in case I feel like making one of these tarts on the fly.
Keep reading for the 5 minute blueberry tarte recipe.
The 5 Minute Blueberry Tarte
Preheat oven to fn bake 200°C.
Use a 24 cm in diameter pie dish.
- 1 sheet round flakey pastry
- 300 – 400 g fresh blueberries
- 1 dl full cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp guava jelly
- Line the pie dish with pastry. Prick the bottom with a fork.
- Pour blueberries evenly over the base of the pie dish.
- Place on lowest level in oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes change oven setting to bottom heat only.
- Pour cream carefully over blueberry tarte.
- Sprinkle sugar evenly over tarte.
- Leave in oven another 15 minutes or until the bottom is nice and browned.
- Take out and place on cake rack to cool (leaving in the pie dish)
- Heat guava jelly in microwave until liquid
- Using a pastry brush carefully coat the tarte with liquid jelly. Note it is best to wait until the tarte has cooled down a little before doing this.
Wait for tart to have cooled down before serving.
I like to serve it with dollops of cream on the side – pure indulgence but simply perfect on a warm Summer day.
Stay tuned for regular Fashion and Lifestyle updates!
Subscribe to FunkyForty.com via Email
Please don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all.
The comment section is at the end of the post, I love reading all your comments.
16 Persons think this post is funky