A little made up recipe to take away the cold Winter blues and put a smile on my family’s face as they sit there munching on this sweet delight whilst drinking piping hot cups of delicious foaming coffee.
Choosing lemon because of it’s additional Vitamin C properties – another good reason to be eating this yummy slice now.
Keep reading for a super quick and easy recipe!
Lemon, Cranberry and Chocolate Slice
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Line a 25 * 25 square dish with baking paper.
Make the base first and then whilst it’s baking make the lemon topping.
- 150g butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and baking powder. Then press evenly into the base of the prepared tin and bake at 180° for around 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 200g dark chocolate
- 100g white chocolate chopped in small pieces
- Mix custard powder, baking powder, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and eggs together until well combined.
- Pour mixture over baked base and then sprinkle cranberries on top.
- Bake for a further 25 minutes.
- Take out and cool mixture.
- Melt dark chocolate gently in a small bowl over simmering water being careful not to over heat. then spread evenly over the lemon topping.
- Sprinkle white chocolate pieces over the mixture for the finishing touch.
- Wait until cool and chocolate has set before cutting into bite sized slices.
Sign up for the FunkyForty newsletter for regular Fashion and Lifestyle updates!
Please don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all.
The comment section is at the end of the post, I love reading all your comments and would love to read what you think of this recipe!
15 Persons think this post is funky