This week has been a real shock to the system with it’s drop in temperatures. In reality we’ve been spoilt with a lovely warm Fall but now cold Winter is starting to take over!
So lets talk about styling for Winter…especially this Winter as big chunky sweaters are top on the hot list! Lets face it they look great and keep you warm when you’re out but what happens once you move indoors? Especially here in Switzerland everything is warm as toast inside and you can almost get away with tee shirts the whole year through as far as indoor dressing is concerned. So how do you style warm for outside but still look stylish inside? This is what I consider to be Winter’s most difficult styling dilemma!
Solving Winter’s most difficult Styling Dilemma
Of course it’s a no brainer to say that layering is key. But there are a few items worth transferring from your Summer closet:
- Your favourite floral dress
- The denim jacket that’s seen you through chilly moments
This makes it easy to take off any outer layer and still look stylish indoors without over heating.
This faux fur collar is another staple in my wardrobe since years now – it will lift any outfit but even better is super cosy and warm. Giving that extra warmth you can’t get from a denim jacket alone ( unless it comes with a fur collar that is).
Another trick this Winter is to colour block each outfit as much as possible. Hence matching bag, coat and over the knee boots. The same burgundy tones can also be found in the dress itself.
The faux fur matches the denim jacket so it doesn’t feel lonely – smile!
A carefully put together outfit like this will always leave it’s mark and more to the point make you feel good whilst wearing it!
7 Fun facts:
- I am hopeless at pilates.
- You will find me hiking up our house hill at least once a week – actually you will hear me as this is when I chat to my dear friend Michelle who took today’s photos.
- You won’t find me doing high kicks in the middle of town if we meet to discuss a collaboration.
- Despite lack of high kicks during meetings I’m definitely NOT shy.
- I’m up for yoga anytime!
- Sustainable styling is always at the forefront of my mind but I still love to mix cheap and cheerful with expensive!
- I love adventure and mischief – At the age of 16, visiting my friends brothers school open day – a prestigious boys private college – we snuck into the headmasters office…shortly after the headmaster himself walked in. Hiding shakily under his desk we remained undiscovered – just one of a few adventures – smile!
Coat Esprit – last year
Dress – Havren
Denim Jacket H&M – vintage
Similar items to shop now
Please note that links to vendors may be affiliate links. I do benefit from your purchases through the links on the blog. Prices shown are CHF but shipping is global.
Sign up for the FunkyForty newsletter for regular Fashion and Lifestyle updates!
Please don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all.
The comment section is at the end of the post, I love reading all your comments and would love to read what you think of this collection!
Wishing you all successful styling today!
ps: for another great post about wearing florals over 40 check out: http://www.fakefabulous.com/2017/11/winter-florals-2017-over-40.html19 Persons think this post is funky