“Not every body needs to be able to wear every style”
The opening statement to this weeks personal styling event with Melanie Albisser at Modissa in Zurich -(first and second sessions). Not to fear though this weeks tips and tricks are coming to the rescue of every body no matter what shape you are!
10 Fabulous tips for making the most of your Body Shape!
- For the perfect feminine figure – Wear an outfit that makes both Shoulders and Hips appear to be the same size!
- Whenever wearing items that make you look wide – make sure you go taller by wearing heels – caution though as the size of your heel should be proportionate to your body – larger ladies should stay clear of extremely thin heels and vice versa (eek – personally I love the new block heels that have come out – shall compensate by making sure I wear high block heels not low ones).
- For leg extension – always important to stay tone in tone from the waist down!
- Beware of shiny fabrics – these can give the appearance of roundings on the slimest of figures! If you do wear shiny though make sure you match the outfit with a matt shoe to tone things down.
- Larger Breasts – a V Neck is the perfect solution, instantly adding femininity to your look.
- Side Pockets are great for adding volume to a super skinny stature – otherwise stay away from them.
- Create tallness by wearing longer coats – the trick is to wear them open. This works even for shorter people!
- High waisted trousers are perfect for creating longer legs!
- Cropped box tops are perfect for the androgen shape.
- Trousers with pleats are very forgiving for those of us with a little tummy – beware though of how the pleats are folded!
Bonus tips for this Fall:
Leather trousers are the new jeans this Fall!
If you’r going light tones make sure your whole outfit stays in the colour range including coat, bag and shoes!
Trying to buy for your separates – make sure you bring the piece with you if trying to get something else to match!
A little event impression gallery…
Sign up for the FunkyForty newsletter to hear about other upcoming fashion events!
Please don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all.
The comment section is at the end of the post, I love reading all your comments.
I have added a subscription button to the blog and would appreciate it soooooooo much if you take the time to sign up. You will then be notified by email when a new post is made.
Wishing you all a fabulous day!
PS: All photos taken by and property of www.funkyforty.com.18 Persons think this post is funky