Deliciously Wholesome meals are now newly available on Singapore Airlines flights leaving Zurich. Fortunate enough to test them last week the least I could do was give you all a pictorial sneak peak of the menu. Tasting the food was almost enough to make me jump into the next Singapore Airlines plane! The new menu brings a little “Swissness” into the lovely Asian Airline.
Keep reading past the pictures for 7 fun facts.
Sneak Peak of New Wholesome Singapore Airlines Meals
Of course it all started with a Singapore Sling…
Swiss Sturgeon and pure Swiss Alpine caviar (oona caviar) with cucumber, quinoa, rape and leak cream.
Sashimi of salmon with beetroot, blackberry, horseradish and parsnip.
We had root vegetable soup with pumpkin, marinated beef cubes and truffle. The tastiest soup I have ever had and that’s saying something!
Beef fillet with wild garlic crust, grilled green asparagus, wild herb tomato salsa and goose liver sauce.
Cod with braised salsify, lemon, saffron and cauliflower.
Pistachio cake with yoghurt cream, fresh berries and jelly of roses.
Quince soup and white chocolate mousse, orange, granola and almond.
7 Fun Facts
1. Not about Diet – the deliciously wholesome menu is designed to hep the body recover and regenerate, especially on longhaul flights. Satisfying the needs of health conscious travellers. Superfoods are used but presented in new interesting ways.
2. Indian food and nutrition consultant Mayura Mohta worked with the team to create the perfect menu. .
3. The deliciously wholesome menu can be ordered online up to 24 hours prior to departure via the Book-the-Cook. Available to Premium economy, Business and First class passengers.
4. Satay sticks remain on the menu (my favourite) but may also get a bit of a facelift.
5. This year Singapore Airlines has it’s 70th Birthday – a real achievement!
6. Secret tip – Christmas Day is actually the best day of the year to travel as it is the one day most people stay at home!
7. An inspiration to all: The current Singapore Airlines Regional Vice President Europe, Mr Subhas Menon, started working with Singapore Airlines 33 years ago in the Commercial Supplies department.
Check out Latest Singapore Airlines Special Deals Here
Sign up for the FunkyForty newsletter for regular Fashion and Lifestyle updates!
Please don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all.
The comment section is at the end of the post, I love reading all your comments and would love to read what you think of this collection!
Open your heart with travel discovery!
nb: All photos taken by and property of
11 Persons think this post is funky