This Mississippi White Chocolate Cake has seriously got to be one of my favourite cakes from a taste point of view.
It also has the added benefit of not needing any icing other than a sprinkle of icing sugar on top. The slices of cake look pretty on their own with the 3 chocolate eyes appearing on every slice.
The trick is to make sure you cover the chocolate bars carefully with cake mixture as you prepare each layer. Just follow the instructions in this recipe and then all will be ok!
Keep reading for the recipe of the Mississippi White Chocolate Cake
Mississippi White Chocolate cake
Line a 25cm loaf baking tin with baking paper.
- 175g butter
- 150g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 eggs
- 100g white chocolate
- 2 tsp whisky
- 100g sour cream
- 250 g flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 6 dark chocolate bars (I have used milk chocolate – they just need to be brown instead of white).
- Line a 25cm loaf baking tin with baking paper.
- Mix the butter and sugar, add vanilla sugar and salt.
- Add the eggs one by one until the mixture turns a lighter colour.
- Melt the whiskey and white chocolate together – either over simmering hot water or in the microwave at 600 for 1 minute.
- Add sour cream to melted chocolate and then add this to the rest of the cake mixture.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Pour half of the mixture into the base of the tin.
- Place 4 of the chocolate bars on top – making 2 rows (each row containing 2 bars)
- Place half of the remaining cake mixture on top.
- Place the remaining 2 chocolate bars in a line down the centre of the cake
- Pour remaining cake mixture on top
Bake for approximately 1 hour at 180°c
This recipe is taken from a very old Betty Bossi magazine. When I first moved to Switzerland these recipes formed the base of most of my meals!
Sign up for the FunkyForty newsletter for regular Fashion and Lifestyle updates!
Please don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all.
The comment section is at the end of the post, I love reading all your comments and am open to any more cake recipe suggestions!
Wishing you all a yummy experience!
21 Persons think this post is funky
it looks really yummy I have to try to bake the Cake myself thank you for the receipt