January has to be one of my favourite months for staying at home on a Sunday and baking. Which is exactly how this cake came to be.
Helped along somewhat by the wonderful parcel received in the mail from Morand, containing a bottle of Williamine Brandy, Poire Syrop and a Williamine Mousse. This got my imagination going.
Keep reading for The FunkyForty Booze Cake recipe.
The FunkyForty Booze Cake
Preheat oven 180°C
- 1 & 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cornflour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 130g unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- zest of one lime
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- Poire Syrop
- Line a 18 – 20cm round baking dish with paper
- Beat together the butter, sugar and lime zest
- Add the eggs one at a time beating continuously
- In a separate dish mix together the flours, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the milk and the flours bit by bit to the butter/ egg mixture, stirring continuously.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the cake.
- Once cooked leave to cool for 10 minutes and then whilst cake is still in the tin drizzle generous amounts of the Poire Syrop over the cake.
Leave in tin to totally cool before icing.
Icing sugar, Williamine Brandy and a little water mixed together to create your own preferred consistency.
Pour evenly over the cooled cake.
Serve cake with generous helpings of Williamine Mousse – I promise your guests will love you for it – smile!
Sign up for the FunkyForty newsletter for regular Fashion and Lifestyle updates!
Please don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all.
The comment section is at the end of the post, I love reading all your comments and am open to any more cake recipe suggestions!
26 Persons think this post is funky