Sundays are made for baking right – smile!
This chocolate truffle cake is one of my very old favourites. Super easy to make, preparation time is 10 minutes max and then another 30 – 40 minutes to bake. I made this one last night after coming home from our road trip to the Loire Valley.
Keep reading for the recipe of the easiest ever chocolate truffle cake.
Easiest Ever Chocolate Truffle Cake
Use a 20cm round baking dish lightly greased on the sides and lined with baking paper on the bottom.
- 200 g Dark Chocolate,
- 100 g Unsalted Butter,
- 3 tblsp Grand Marnier,
- 4 Eggs, 75 g Suger,
- 2 tblsp Flour
- Preheat oven to 150°C, and line base of baking dish with baking paper.
- Place Butter, Chocolate and Grand Marnier in heatproof dish and melt over simmering water.
- Beat Eggs and Sugar for at least 5 minutes, until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Add the slightly cooled melted Chocolate mixture to the Eggs and mix well.
- Gently stir through the flour.
- Place mixture into prepared tin and Bake at 150°C for approximately 30 – 40 minutes.
Once cooled down tip the cake upside down onto serving plate and dust with icing sugar.
Alternatively you might like to make a chocolate ganache topping… I love using white chocolate and a little cream melted together and then spread carefully on top. The contrast in colour looks nice and the taste is simply delicious.
Serve with a drop of cream and fresh fruit.
The perfect desert as can be made well ahead of time and is sure to impress any chocolate lovers!
Sign up for the FunkyForty newsletter for regular Fashion and Lifestyle updates!
Please don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all.
The comment section is at the end of the post, I love reading all your comments and am open to any more cake recipe suggestions!
48 Persons think this post is funky