Hi there -wishing you all a great start to the new week!
Summer, vacation, hot…it’s clear the next word almost has to be “shorts” right- smile.
Even as we get older with the right styling shorts can be a stylish summer wardrobe staple – I promise! Whether dressing up or down there are a few simple tricks to making sure your shorts outfit looks fab on you this summer!
Simple Styling Tips for Summer Shorts:
1. Match skimpy shorts with a wider fun top.
The wider top over smaller shorts will make your legs look slimmer.
2. Try high waisted shorts.
Sounds odd but these actually have the effect of making legs look longer.
3. Wear a cropped wrap top or floaty top tucked in with your high waisted shorts.
This has the effect of making your waist look skinny.
4. Wear a sheer shirt partially tucked into hipster shorts with a belt.
Makes for a casual yet styled look. Also perfect for those that don’t like things tight on the waist.
5. Wear a long linen blazer or khaki shirt over your shorts.
The blazer will dress up your outfit whilst shirt keeps the look casual but both take emphasis away from your middle.
6. Match outfit with heeled sandals.
Any heels worn with shorts have the effect of making your legs look longer – chunky heels are perfect this summer.
7. Always – and I mean ALWAYS make sure your shorts are loose around your thighs.
Tight fitting shorts (unless for sports) almost always have the effect of any legs looking thicker than they are.
On that note I wish you all loads of fun styling your shorts! Have a fabulous day and see you again soon!
6 Persons think this post is funky