Züri Geschnetzlets has always fascinated me because of the mere fact that when you order it in a good restaurant in Switzerland you normally get 2 plates of it.
It is the one dish I love so much that I will eat both plates. It really reminds me of Zurich and romantic dinners out. I make my own special version of it which includes chocolate. A trick I once learnt in a restaurant in Paris where they had a special slow cooked beef bourguignon dish cooked with chocolate – also amazing explosion of flavours.
This dish has a preparation and cooking time of approx. 40 mins.
Keep reading for the recipe of FunkyForty Secret “Züri Geschnetzlets”
FunkyForty Secret “Züri Geschnetzlets
Preheat oven to 50 – 60°
Ingredients: (for 4 people)
- 600g Veal thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 400g Mushrooms
- 1dl White Wine
- 2dl Veal Bouillon
- 1.5dl Cream
- 1 tbsp Corn-flour
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Favourite Herbs such as Thyme and Rosemary
- Secret ingredient (1 – 2 squares of Swiss Chocolate)
- Good Olive oil for frying
- 500g cooked and peeled Potatoes
- Lightly coat veal with flour
- Heat frying pan on high and add a little olive oil. Then fry meat in small batches quickly but ensuring it browns.
- Set meat aside.
- Clean out pan.
- Peal and slice mushrooms.
- Add oil to pan and fry mushrooms over medium heat until well cooked – be careful not to use too much oil or heat the pan too hot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once cooked add wine and then bouillon to the mushrooms keeping heat medium – mixture may boil a little.
- Add corn-flour to the cream, stirring well and then add to mushroom mixture.
- Add secret ingredient – chocolate
- Once mixture has thickened add the meat and herbs and set aside in oven to keep warm.
- Now grate potatoes, then fry in olive oil over a medium heat in batches, creating mini potato cakes until crispy on each side.
- See photo for presentation.
If you like watching how to cook via video there is a 2 minute clip showing everything right here for you!
Sign up for the FunkyForty newsletter for regular Fashion and Lifestyle updates!
Please don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all.
The comment section is at the end of the post, I love reading all your comments and am open to any more cake recipe suggestions!
Wishing you all a yummy experience!
14 Persons think this post is funky