Todays recipe is based on one by a favourite New Zealand cook book Author of mine – Annabel Langbein. The secret ingredient in the cookies is sweetened condensed milk. It is used in many NZ cookie recipes and really does make all the difference!
I always find Sundays to be the the perfect day for baking. Especially this super easy and yummy recipe. Prepare yourself though – these cookies are super addictive!
Keep reading for the Favourite Kiwi Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe.
Favourite Kiwi Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Preheat oven 180°C and line 2 trays with baking paper
- 250g butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 2 + 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 250 – 300g dark chocolate (I like to use milk chocolate) chopped into chunks
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Beat in condensed milk and vanilla sugar
- Sift flour and baking powder and stir into the mixture together with the chopped chocolate – don’t over mix!
- Roll into balls and place on cold oven trays leaving enough room for spreading whilst baking, then flatten with the back of a fork
- Place in oven and bake for approx 15 minutes, until lightly golden. I like to flatten the cookies again after 10 minutes in the oven to make sure they turn out extra crispy.
Sign up for the FunkyForty newsletter for regular Fashion and Lifestyle updates!
Please don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all.
The comment section is at the end of the post, I love reading all your comments.
Wishing you all a yummy experience!
All photos taken by and property of FunkyForty GmbH14 Persons think this post is funky
😁 that is esentially the doubled recipe from the Edmonds cookbook (though still Kiwi made) but with slightly less (3/4 cup) flour. Another fabulous Kiwi recipe is for Peanut Slab cookies from the Whittakers Cookbook. Obviously challenging to get Peanut Slabs in Switzerland but happy to post you some along with the recipe x
Hi dear Yvonne thank you for your blog the biscuits sounding really very yummy thank you for the recipe.
My favourite kiwi biscuit! Thx Yvonne x