Haven’t we all been there…tried out a new hairdresser and wished we’d been at the dentist instead as that would have been less painful…
Here are a few tips to make sure that doesn’t happen to you any more and a super secret tip of my latest hidden hairdresser discovery in Zurich! Note this post is totally unsponsored – I feel I have to write it because of all the seriously tragic hair stories I have experienced in the past!
My super nice hairdresser is on maternity leave…so time to find a new one…
Do’s for choosing a new hairdresser:
- Ask a friend of yours who always has fab hair where she goes.
- Watch people walking down the street and ask a stranger with fab hair where they go.
- Choose a hair dresser who has a great hair style themselves.
- One of my best friends insists all you need to do is go to Italy – smile!
Don’ts for choosing a new hairdresser:
- Go to your husbands hairdresser – last time I did that they dyed my hair black instead of blond and I swear my German is not that bad!
- Let anyone touch your hair who has dodgy hair themselves – last time I did that my hair turned out soooo bad they didn’t charge me for it!
- Go into a no appointment salon and think you’ll go out looking OK – wake up, smell the coffee – it’s hardly likely to happen!
Hidden Hairdresser Discovery in Zurich:
A big thanks to my special friend Cara for this tip!
YASIN comes from Istanbul where he used to do backstage fashion for Fashion Weeks so he certainly knows his stuff.
I went in wanting serious treatment to be done to horrendous grey roots and he literally worked magic within minutes.
Less than 2 hours later I was out of the salon with newly coloured and styled hair – all for CHF 90 including a cup of delicious Turkish tea – I am going back!
There is parking for 2 cars just outside the salon!
All pictures in this post from YASIN’s site.
Wishing you all a fab Thursday and if you want to see what my hair looks like you are going to have to come to FunkyForty’s event at “Champagne & Shirts” tonight!
PS: Never miss a post by subscribing to FunkyForty in the pink box below:
11 Persons think this post is funky