With all the lovely Spring/ Summer berries in the shops now it is the perfect time to think about some fun berry recipes. If you ask me of course there’s nothing yummier than a good crumble for afternoon tea or desert. Especially if a little warm, served with fresh cream on the side. Are you hungry yet?
Keep reading for this super easy to make recipe!
Blueberry Crumble for Spring
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Line a 25cm square baking tin with baking paper.
Make the crumble first ad then pop into fridge until ready to sprinkle over rest of cake just before baking.
- 70g Flour
- 100g Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 90g Cold unsalted Butter
Place ingredients in a bowl. Initially chop butter into mixture with a knife and then use your fingers to create the final crumble texture.
- 85g Butter
- 150g Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 200g Flour
- 1 Heaped tsp Baking Powder
- 120ml milk
- 750 ml fresh berries
- Place butter, sugar and salt in bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add the egg and beat in well.
- Add flour, baking powder and milk in two consecutive additions to the mixture.
- Spread batter onto the bottom of prepared pan.
- Add berries.
- Sprinkle crumble topping over the berries.
- Bake in 180° preheated oven for 50 minutes or until golden on top.
- Cool slightly before removing from tin.
Sign up for the FunkyForty newsletter for regular Fashion and Lifestyle updates!
Please don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all.
The comment section is at the end of the post, I love reading all your comments and would love to read what you think of this collection!
18 Persons think this post is funky