One of my favourite things about having FunkyForty.com is the lovely invitations – this week almost topped the lot with an awesome fish tasting event at Zurich’s most luxurious hotel The Dolder Grand. With food prepared by star chef Antonio Colaianni from the restaurant Gustav in Zürich, together with the Dolder’s own sous chef Ingo Kuhn.
Being the weekend I thought it would be the perfect time to share some pictures of what we ate to inspire you for this weekends menu planning. In addition we learnt 6 awesome facts about why we should all be eating fish at least twice a week…(included further down).
Marinated Sardines on pureed aubergine (eggplant) and ever so thin toasted slices of focacia – something I normally wouldn’t touch with a barge pole but this was prepared so amazingly 2 of them found their way into my stomach!
Cooked prawns on a bed of pureed beens. I asked for the recipe – it’s supposed to be easy to puree any vegetable you simply cook it to a soft consistency, mash it up together wit olive oil and a little salt and pepper to taste and voila! Sounds easy – I will try and see what happens – smile.
Baby octopus risotto with broccoli florets and semi dried baby Italian tomatoes.
Raw prawn tartare served with fennel puree, fennel shavings and orange.
The amazing facts:
6 Reasons we should all be eating fish at least twice a week:
- Fish increases intelligence – people who eat fish twice a week have a 13% average increase in IQ
- Protein without fat – most fish is very low in fat. Eating fish with vegetables gives you a much higher increase in protein.
- Fish provides you with Omega 3 – the benefits of which are huge including reduced risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Fish keeps you awake – due to the effects it has on the thyroid
- Protection against dementia – due to Omega 3
- Amino acids in Fish make it a natural energiser – helping concentration
Inspired? If living in Zurich one of the best places to buy the freshest of fish is the Dörig Fisch Handel – see here for more.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!
Stay tuned for our next post which will be all about this weeks hot Zara dress and how to wear it – spotted first at this Dolder event – FunkyForty always on the Fashion look out!6 Persons think this post is funky