Even if you are not a fan of Valentines Day…these cup cakes are not to be missed!
Ingredients: (makes 24 cupcakes)
225g soft butter, 225g sugar, 1 pinch salt, 2 grated lemon rinds, 4 medium sized eggs, 225g flour, 8g baking powder, 250 g raspberries, 60ml lemon syrup (recipe below)
- Pre heat oven to 175°C
- Prepare cupcake tins with paper cases
- Cream the butter sugar and lemon rind
- Slowly add eggs one at a time, continuing to beat the mixture as you do so.
- Should the mixture start to curdle as you add the eggs, add a little of the flour in between
- Sive the flour and then add to mixture, folding it through until well combined
- Fill the paper cases with the mixture (approx. 2/3 full)
- Add 2 – 3 raspberries to the top of each cupcake
- Bake in oven for 20-22 minutes
- Brush the top of each cupcake with lemon syrup whilst they are still warm, but wait until they have fully cooled before icing.
250g cream cheese, 250 g soft butter, 625g Icing Sugar
- Beat cream cheese until smooth
- Add butter
- Then add sugar slowly and beating continuously until a thick smooth paste
- Cool down for at least half an hour
- Use piping bag to pipe on top.
- Put 60ml sugar and 60ml lemon juice in a small pot over medium heat until sugar melts and it just about reaches boiling point
- Then remove and cool.
Enjoy, either with your favourite tea or a nice glass of champagne to celebrate Valentines Day – smile!
(original recipe from Peggy Porschen – bless her cotton socks!)
PS: Stay tuned by subscribing to Funkyforty in the pink box below!
17 Persons think this post is funky