It’s healthy… this Tarte is all about vitamin C and an apple a day keeping the doctor away.
At least this is what I tell myself each time we indulge in this lovely Tarte aux Pommes – so easy to make yet impresses every time!
Tarte aux Pommes
Preheat oven to 220°C.
Use a 30 cm in diameter pie dish.
I like to use a see-through glass pie dish as this way you can really see if the base is properly cooked or not.
- 1 sheet round flakey pastry
- 4 sweet apples such as Gala apples
- 1 dl full cream
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp guava jelly
- Line the pie dish with pastry. Prick the bottom with a fork and then place back in fridge to make sure the pastry stays cold. This is important as warm pastry is less likely to keep it’s shape when baking.
- Peel and core apples. Quarter and then slice in relatively thin slices.
- Arrange apple slices neatly in pie dish – start layering around the outer edge then moving inward.
- Place on lowest level in oven for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes change oven setting to bottom heat only.
- Pour cream carefully over apple pie
- Sprinkle sugar evenly over pie
- Leave in oven another 15 minutes or until the bottom is nice and browned.
- Take out and place on cake rack to cool (leaving in the pie dish)
- Heat guava jelly in microwave until liquid
- Using a pastry brush carefully coat the tart with liquid jelly. Note it is best to wait until the tart has cooled down a little before doing this.
Wait for tart to have cooled down before serving.
I like to serve it with dollops of cinnamon cream on the side – pure indulgence but exactly what’s needed on these cold Autumn days – smile.
Have fun baking and stay tuned for more FunkyForty news by subscribing in pink box below!
Please don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all.
PS: All photos taken by and property of.20 Persons think this post is funky