Hi everyone – hope you’re having a fab day!
Are you like me – the minute you know you have to travel you think plane? Paris, especially recently is one place I travel to at least twice a year and so far always by air…but just last weekend I ventured out and took the TGV Lyria… the trip was amazing and I am totally converted! Read more to find out why.
10 Reasons to Train vs Plane from Zurich to Paris:
1. Pack what you want! I tend to travel hand luggage only – how awesome it was not to have to worry about the amount of liquids I was carrying!
2. Comfort and Style! The seats and leg space are both super comfy with plenty of leg room and storage space for your luggage.
3. Food! OK so I was in first class and I know in 2nd you have to buy your own food but the selection is great. Check out the pictures at bottom of this post for awesome food we were served in 1st class!
4. You can work on the train! Travel can be such a waste of time – especially as a blogger when there are always things to be done online. The trip was awesome with power points at each seat I simply hooked onto my phone wifi and merrily worked on my pc the whole trip.
5. The scenery! You got it – so beautiful travelling through the French countryside and looking out to the little villages etc as we passed by – certainly beats staring out at an endless array of blue sky and clouds.
6. Experiencing 300 km/hour plus on land! Awesome. We had a different type of train each way – one the kms were on a display at the front of each carriage and the other we simply used a little app on the phone to see how fast we were (320km is on one of our pictures!).
7. No pre check in time! How awesome it was simply turning up to the train station and being able to walk straight onto the train!
8. Flex Fare! Now that’s key for busy people – unlike flying there are several options of flex fare tickets where you can cancel or change your ticket at no extra cost.
9. Save on Taxi and time to Hotel! The taxi from CDG airport into town is a minimum Euro 55, whilst Gare de Lyon is right in the middle of town- we got to our hotel La Maison Favart in about 15 mins for Euro 16. Taxi norm takes around 45 mins – one hour.
Wishing you all a fab day!
Stay tuned for more Fashion and Travel tips by subscribing to FunkyForty.com in pink box below.
18 Persons think this post is funky