Today’s recipe is based on one found in the NZ Food Magazine.
This was our desert for New Years Eve. Depending how you serve it, this delicious recipe can feed many people. We had generous helpings of fresh strawberries and cream on the side. One tart alone managed to serve 18 guests!
Made again last weekend and 4 of us managed to polish it off within 2 days!
Keep reading for the “Strawberry & Chocolate No-Bake Tart” recipe.
Strawberry & Chocolate No-Bake Tart
Line the base of a 10cm x 35cm rectangular loose bottom tart tin with paper
- 1.5 packets cream-filled chocolate biscuits
- 125g melted butter
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 200g strawberries (plus extra for serving)
- 150g white chocolate
- 250g cream cheese
- 150g chocolate (dark or milk – as you prefer for the topping)
- optional icing sugar to dust at the end
- Place biscuits into food processor and blend into fine crumbs.
- Add the melted butter and then press and line the base of the prepared tart tin with the mixture. Put into fridge to chill.
- Combine icing sugar with cornflour. Process 2 tablespoons of this mixture with the strawberries until smooth. Pass through a sieve to remove seeds.
- Melt the white chocolate over a pan of simmering water.
- With a mixer beat the cream cheese with remaining sugar, cornflour mixture. Add the melted white chocolate and the strawberry puree.
- Spread mixture into the chilled, prepared tin and chill for at least an hour.
7. When the filling is chilled melt the chocolate over simmering water until shiny and smooth, then spread evenly over the top of the tart. Chill for 20 minutes or until set. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Sign up for the FunkyForty newsletter for regular Fashion and Lifestyle updates!
Please don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all.
The comment section is at the end of the post, I love reading all your comments.
17 Persons think this post is funky