It was with some surprise that I realised I hadn’t put up a recipe on FunkyForty.com in months! Then last Sunday we went and visited my hubby’s aunt and in true tradition I baked a cake to take along for afternoon tea.
A fist time recipe for me – so easy to bake and transport! Decided it was the perfect recipe to share as a potential picnic cake. Or one to take wherever you may be hanging out this Summer.
If you’re currently stuck in Winter this tastes even better eaten slightly warm with a lovely custard cream on the side!!!
Keep reading for the perfect apple picnic cake recipe…
The Perfect Apple Picnic Cake
Preheat oven to 180°C and line the base of a 20cm loose bottom round cake pan with baking paper
- 2 cups peeled and chopped apple
- 150g soft butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1 & 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Place soft butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla sugar into mixing bowl and mix until white and fluffy.
- Fold in sifted flour and baking powder.
- Add apples and gently mix together.
- Place the mixture in the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the lower half of the oven for 40 – 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool and then dust with icing sugar.
Sign up for the FunkyForty newsletter for regular Fashion and Lifestyle updates!
Please don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all.
The comment section is at the end of the post, I love reading all your comments and am open to any more cake recipe suggestions!
40 Persons think this post is funky