If you’re a remote coffee lover like me, you will agree with me that there is an art to good coffee. I have to confess that since having our very own Aeroccino and Vertuo Line of Nespresso machines at home I prefer to drink coffee at home!
More exciting than ever though are the new Nespresso Barista Creations capsules. Double Expresso Barista Creations Scuro made from South and Central American Arabicas with notes to it reminiscent of the forest. Plus the Double Expresso Barista Creations Chiaro made from Central American Robusta and Arabicas. This one has a more smokey character with cocoa and vanilla flavours.
These capsules have been especially designed to drink coffee with milk. In fact their full flavour is only released once milk is added. Personally I feel the true flavour to any coffee is only reached by matching it with the perfect treat. Further in this post is the recipe for my favourite salted caramel cupcakes.
Feeling dreamy whilst slowly sipping the most wonderful creamy Barista Creations Nespresso Expresso delight.
Keep reading for more about my new Nespresso Barista Creations Recipe – Coffee & Salted Caramel Cupcakes
New Nespresso Barista Creations Recipe – Coffee & Salted Caramel Cupcakes
Perhaps it’s due to the sweet tooth of my daughter who has an absolute affinity to fluffy’s (a NZ drink comprising of frothed up milk with a sprinkle of something sweet on top). Or perhaps it’s due to my own sweet tooth. However my favourite way to drink coffee is to sprinkle on top whatever small sweet thing I can find in the kitchen cupboards.
Today I have a selection of white chocolate chips, milk chocolate balls, dark chocolate sprinkles and cocoa powder.
This combined with my favourite salted caramel cupcakes gives you the ultimate afternoon coffee treat!
Salted Caramel Cupcakes
Ingredients for the cupcakes
- 190g flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200g dark brown sugar
- 100g granulated sugar
- 115g unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 120ml whole milk
Salted caramel frosting
- 115g salted butter
- 200g dark brown sugar
- 80ml heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 240 – 360g icing sugar
- additional salt on top
- Preheat oven to 200°c. Line 12 muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla until combined. Slowly stir in dry ingredients until no flour remains. Slowly stir in the milk.
- Fill each cupcake liner half way up with batter. Bake for approx 22 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool before frosting.
- Whilst cupcakes are cooling melt butter in a small saucepan. Then add brown sugar and heavy cream. Stir constantly over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Allow to bubble for 3 full minutes – not more. Remove from heat and with a hand mixer beat in icing sugar a bit at a time. If you feel the consistency is going crumbly add a little more cream to it.
- Ice the cooled cupcakes and enjoy with your favourite Nespresso Barista Creations.
Try for yourself…
The New Nespresso Barista Creations Available Here!
This article was written in collaboration with Nespresso but all opinions are my own.
Stay tuned for more Fashion and Lifestyle news!
Sign up for the FunkyForty newsletter for regular Fashion and Lifestyle updates!
Please don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all.
The comment section is at the end of the post, I love reading all your comments.
nb: All pictures taken by and property of FunkyForty GmbH25 Persons think this post is funky
It sounds absolutely fantastic and makes me on to buy a new Barista thank you very much
Yes you would love this machine!
Okay, those cupcakes look so delicious!!
Ih they really are Beth… have a wonderful day and weekend ahead😘
I just want to eat those cupcakes! I don’t want to make them just eat them.
one day I make you some😘