As part of my corporate life I have had to travel to London many times and as such experienced many different hotels. New ones pop up all the time and I do advise always to check up something new or newly renovated if you do go to London. You need to be careful as you can be caught out with hotels that may be highly rated with pokey rooms, dodgy bathrooms and not worth the price.
Hotel picking is however another of my hobbies and I have stayed in some fab and very unusual hotels.
Here my favoured London haunts:
1) For an extremely unique experience try the Rookery (check in for May now and get great room deals around CHF 200/nite).
Pictures from the Rookery Homepage. Every room is totally different and a unique experience making you feel as if you are stepping back in time with modern comforts.
2) The Hoxton – Shoreditch (room prices start from CHF 100/nite).
Quite a different experience to the Rookery, very modern and functionally designed. I love the fact that breakfast is delivered to your door in a paper bag which you have to place on your door handle before going to sleep. This can be a good deal hotel especially if booked cleverly!
3) For a real treat try Berkeley Square Hotel
With its wonderful health club and roof top pool – right in the middle of London with Green Park right at your doorstep – fabulous and worth every penny!
It is quite expensive rooms start around CHF 400/nite- (my tip for staying here for a fraction is to try top secret hotels in Mayfair under www.lastminute.com)
4) Hotel Russell in Russell Square – this is really almost my most favourite business hotel as they really always make u feel like family. (rooms from about CHF 200/nite).
5) Tophans Hotel in the heart of Belgravia ( 5 mins walking distance from Buckingham Palace). This is a real little boutique hotel where you can get the most amazing value for money starting at around CHF 100 per nite!
6) The Petersham in Richmond – my most favourite hotel if traveling as a family – love the rooms with a view of the Thames – you can really see what inspired Turner’s paintings!
You can get double rooms for just under CHF 200/ nite, depending on availability
I love London!
9 Persons think this post is funky