As the temperatures drop the first thing that comes to my mind is delicious warming food. Better said – desserts!
This hot chocolate prune cake with white chocolate sauce is the easiest thing ever to bake. Perfect for a dinner party dessert.
Use any chocolate you have lying around at home or buy your favourite dark chocolate – the choice is yours for this sumptuous recipe that’s sure to please!
Keep reading for the perfect hot chocolate prune cake with white chocolate sauce recipe…
Hot Chocolate Prune Cake with White Chocolate Sauce
Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a 20cm baba pan thoroughly.
- 1 & 1/4 cups seeded prunes
- 1 & 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 60 g butter, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped coarsely
- Combine prunes and water in bowl of food processor, add bicarbonate of soda and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Add butter and sugar to the mixture and then pulse in the processor until ingredients are combined.
- Add flour, then eggs and pulse again until the ingredients are combined.
- Finally add the chocolate and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake at 180°C for approximately 1 hour.
- Leave for 10 minutes before turning cake onto serving plate. Serve warm with hot chocolate sauce.
Combine 100ml cream and 200g white chocolate in a small saucepan, stir over a low heat until chocolate is melted.
Sign up for the FunkyForty newsletter for regular Fashion and Lifestyle updates!
Please don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all.
The comment section is at the end of the post, I love reading all your comments and am open to any more cake recipe suggestions!
Wishing you all a yummy experience!
29 Persons think this post is funky