Granted I had been wanting to move away from always wearing blue…but as I was invited to see the newly extended Schulthess Clinic I had no idea I would be spending a large portion of time dressed in green…
Schulthess Clinic in Zurich is one of Europe’s leading orthopaedic clinics. Its central mission is to relieve people from pain and restore their mobility.
Having just completed a CHF 90 million extension project they invited a group of reporters in to have a look before their open day this Saturday.
How the day began…and believe me this may look good but we later found out this is normal food standard at Schulthess Clinic!
Did you know:
1. Schulthess Clinic is a private clinic but not only for private patients with about 50% of patients being non-private.
2. All patients are evaluated according to their illness, not their insurance!
3. You don’t have to be sick to go there – many famous sports people go for check ups and training advice. This service is open to everyone – if you are thinking of starting a sport or even would like to do a half marathon, you are welcome to go there – have a check up and be advised on how to train!
4. It belongs to the Wilhelm Foundation profits are continuously reinvested, ensuring the clinic remains state of art!
5. All doctors are In-House doctors ensuring consistently highest medical practices are adhered to – added value comes from the interdisciplinary links across their clinical team.
6. Schulthess Clinic has a teaching and research collaberation with the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH Zurich) – the leading international academic institution at the interface of Health Sciences and Technology.
A few behind the scenes pictures:
A typical operating room.
Magnifying apparatus used during operations – looks like something for those used to gaming – smile!
Equipment storage room – the panels left and right operate like lifts moving up and down so there is much more storage capacity than meets the eye.
If you want to see more yourself be sure to go to the open day tomorrow – there’s going to be loads of activities including some fabulous stuff for children such as:
- Teddy Bear /Doll x-ray service
- Build your own cast
Find out more here
A special thank you to CEO Andrea Rytz for personally showing us around – was great meeting you and your fabulous staff not to mention the clinic itself!
Wishing you all a fab day!
6 Persons think this post is funky