Looking outside at a wet garden with the wind blowing through the trees, all I feel like doing is hibernating inside. Anyone else know the feeling?
What better time to bake a lovely cinnamon doughnut cake with whiskey fudge sauce!
After all remember: “chocolate will cure almost anything”. I made this recipe last night for dessert and it really did go down a treat…
…keep reading for this super easy, vegetarian recipe!
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Grease a 10 – 12 cup bunt pan with butter then dust with flour.
Make the cake first and then whilst it’s baking make the chocolate sauce.
- 2 .5 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon + 2 teaspoons for the topping
- 225 g butter + 25g for the topping
- 2 cups sugar + 1/2 cup for the topping
- 6 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl combine the flours, baking soda, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.
- Fold in a third of the flour mixture, then add half the sour cream, repeat with flour then cream, finishing with the flour mixture.
- Spoon mixture into baking pan. Bake for 70 – 90 minutes, until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Once baked leave to cool 10 – 20 minutes before turning out. Then brush with 25g melted butter and rub cinnamon and sugar all over the surface of the cake.
Whiskey Chocolate Fudge Sauce
You don’t have to add the whiskey but it does add a lovely note to the sauce.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 250 g chocolate
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 – 3 tablespoons whiskey
- Melt sour cream, butter, vanilla and golden syrup, whisking until smooth.
- Remove from heat once simmering and stir in the chocolate until completely melted then mix in cream and whiskey.
Now it’s time to sit back, relax and divulge!
Sign up for the FunkyForty newsletter for regular Fashion and Lifestyle updates!
Please don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all.
The comment section is at the end of the post, I love reading all your comments and would love to read what you think of this collection!
nb: recipe inspiration – Food magazine21 Persons think this post is funky