Christmas baking time! Love it but this year I really have no time so have been cheating away by using Migros cookie dough. Which I am happy to say taste fabulous and there are so many wonderful flavours to choose from – smile!
Still buying pre-made cookie dough doesn’t stop me from being creative. Check out these super Aniseed cookies with an Almond filling. They are going down a treat here.
The Aniseed dough I used was bought in Migros but for those of you not living in Switzerland or if you prefer to make your own pastry the recipe is in a previous years post
Keep reading for the Christmas Cookies with a Secret!
Christmas Cookies with a Secret!
The ingredients are super simple:
- Packet Aniseed biscuit pastry (or make your own with this recipe)
- Slithered Almonds
- Egg white beaten
- Icing Sugar and water (for icing)
- Roll pastry to approximately 2mm and then use a heart shaped cutter to create heart shaped cookies. Place evenly on baking tray. leaving a little space between.
- Place slices of marzipan in the middle of half of the hearts
- Brush edges of the cookie with egg white and then press a second layer of cookie on top – being careful to seal along the edges.
- Leave to dry for 12 – 24 hours
- Once dry pre heat oven to 140° Celsius
- Bake for 25 minutes
Once baked and cooled, brush a layer of icing on each cookie and then coat with slithered almonds or another topping of your choice.
These cookies are sure to impress!
In the middle of icing…
Time to enjoy!
A huge thanks to Migros for collaborating with me on this post – I have been having sooooo much fun checking out all their Christmas treats!
Check out Migros weekly specials here.
Wishing you all a wonderful Advent time and lots of fun baking!16 Persons think this post is funky
Very yummy love those cokies
This is the type of recipe I like: simple and super festive at the same time. Why the drying of 12-24 hours if I may ask? Have a great weekend. Love, Lieske
You have to dry these cookies so that they get “feet”, sounds funny but these cookies need time to try and rise a little 🙂
Happy Friday dear! xx
Thanks. I have just made a yummy apple caramel cake and will try your recipe another time. Have a great winterly Sunday. Love, Lieske
These look like they were bought from a specialty store ! ❤️
Hehe you are too sweet Sue xxx