We’ve been having some lovely hot weather this Summer – absolutely perfect for ice cream. My first ever chocolate crunch ice cream cake has ended up being my hubby’s favourite. Each time the cake is finished he insists I make a new one. Religiously munching a little piece for desert each day!
Super easy to make and is always on tap to impress any spontaneous guests that drop in!
Chocolate Crunch Ice Cream Cake
All you need to start is a 20cm in diameter cake spring form.
- 400g chocolate spread
- 3 cups cornflakes
- 1 litre vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 litre raspberry sorbet
- Take ice cream and sorbet out of freezer, giving it time to soften.
- Place a saucepan over low heat. Melt chocolate spread and add cornflakes, mixing through until well coated.
- Line bottom of cake form with baking paper and then carefully spread half the chocolate mixture over the base.
- Combine the remaining chocolate mixture with the vanilla ice cream. Once well mixed pour over the chocolate base. Then place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled spread raspberry mixture evenly on top.
- Freeze preferably over nite.
- For serving take out of cake form and tip upside down. Then place back in spring form for easy Freezer storage. The cake is ready to slice as and when needed.
Try not to eat the mixture beforehand – it took me all my willpower to resist!
A little cream on top to decorate is always good as a finishing touch.
Sign up for the FunkyForty newsletter for regular Fashion and Lifestyle updates!
Please don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all.
The comment section is at the end of the post, I love reading all your comments and would love to read what you think of this collection!
14 Persons think this post is funky