Todays recipe is based on one by a favourite New Zealand cook book Author of mine – Annabel Langbein. The secret ingredient in the cookies is sweetened condensed milk. It is used in many NZ cookie recipes and really does make all the difference!
As I write we have snow falling outside – the perfect day for baking. Especially for baking this super easy and yummy recipe. Just be prepared that these cookies are super addictive!
Keep reading for the Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preheat oven 180°C and line 2 trays with baking paper
- 250g butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 2 + 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 250 – 300g dark chocolate (I like to use milk chocolate) chopped into chunks
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Beat in condensed milk and vanilla sugar
- Sift flour and baking powder and stir into the mixture together with the chopped chocolate – don’t over mix!
- Roll into balls and place on cold oven trays leaving enough room for spreading whilst baking, then flatten with the back of a fork
- Place in oven and bake for approx 15 minutes, until lightly golden. I like to flatten the cookies again after 10 minutes in the oven to make sure they turn out extra crispy.
Sign up for the FunkyForty newsletter for regular Fashion and Lifestyle updates!
Please don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all.
The comment section is at the end of the post, I love reading all your comments.
All photos taken by and property of FunkyForty GmbH26 Persons think this post is funky