I love taking old traditional cookie recipes and giving them a bit of “Funk”.
That’s exactly what this recipe is. I’m using special dark ChobaChoba chocolate. There are lots of different flavours to choose from. I chose coconut here.
Keep reading for the best ever double chocolate ChobaChoba cookie recipe.
Best Ever Double Chocolate ChobaChoba Cookies
Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 125g sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 250g ground almonds
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 egg whites slightly beaten
- 100g ChobaChoba Coconut chocolate
- 2 tsp Kirsch
- Melt chocolate and kirsch gently over a water bath – be careful not to let the temperature of the water get too hot otherwise the chocolate turns lumpy instead of melting (this is with all chocolate).
- Mix all ingredients together, including the melted chocolate.
- Roll out to about 1 cm thick and then cut out whichever cookie shapes you choose.
- Place on tray and leave for 5 – 6 hours in a dry place before baking
- Bake in middle of a 250°C oven for 6 minutes
Tip 1: Dip cookie cutter into sugar before making each cookie.
Tip 2: Use a skewer to put a hole into the cookies so that you can later thread pretty ribbon through to turn them into decorations and cookies in one!
Once the cookies are cooled, coat them with another layer of melted chocolate to give the double chocolate effect.
Order your very own ChobaChoba tasting box here
Please don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all.
The comment section is at the end of the post, I love reading all your comments.
Post written in collaboration with ChobaChoba but all opinions are my own.
25 Persons think this post is funky