Did you know that Vitamin C is the key ingredient behind any anti-aging product? It’s true – go check out most anti-aging creams or pills and you will find a huge component of Vitamin C… which leads me to deciding this is an anti-aging orange cake – smile! Of course the sugar may counteract this but hey, lets focus on the positive. After all it’s all about enjoying things in moderation…
With Easter coming up I decided to decorate the cake so it would look like the perfect “Sweet Easter Treat”…
Anti-aging Orange Cake
Preheat oven to 180°C and place the tray on the lowest level.
Line the base of 28 – 30cm long loaf tin with baking paper.
- 200g Butter
- 200g Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 4 Eggs (or for a lighter version 2 Eggs and 4 Egg whites)
- 150g Ground Almonds
- 2 Oranges – grated Rind and Juice (or 2dl fresh orange juice)
- 2 Tbsp Cointreau
- 200g Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Beat butter, sugar and salt together until creamy and pale.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating continuously.
- Add the remaining ingredients with the exception of the flour and baking powder.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and then stir into the mixture.
- Pur into cake tin and bake for 60 minutes.
Icing sugar (at least 1 cup if you want the whole cake to be covered), then add orange juice and water carefully until you reach the consistency you desire.
A huge thank you to Migros for sponsoring this post.
Have fun baking!
Sign up for the FunkyForty newsletter for regular Fashion and Lifestyle updates!
Please don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all.
The comment section is at the end of the post, I love reading all your comments and would love to read what you think of this collection!
13 Persons think this post is funky