It’s that time of year again where we all like to snuggle inside with warm cups of tea and something sweet to cheer the soul.
This cake is my favourite “go to” cake when I spontaneously feel like baking and haven’t gone shopping for ingredients – it is super simple and requires only the basic of ingredients.
250 g Butter, 1 cup Suger, 1 tblsp Vanilla Suger, 4 Eggs, 2 cups Flour, 1/2 tblsp Baking Powder, 1/2 cups Cranberries
20cm round baking dish
- Preheat oven to 170°C, and line base of baking dish with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, then add vanilla sugar and beat some more.
- Add the eggs, one at a time being careful not to make mixture curdle – if it looks like it might add a little of the flour already at this stage.
- Sift flour and baking powder and add to mixture.
- Stir through cranberries, then spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 170°C for approximately 1 hour.
Wait for cake to cool down before icing.
My favourite for this cake is to simply add lemon juice to icing sugar – I never know the exact proportion of each, just add a little lemon juice at a time making sure the mixture does not become too runny.
I like to do final decorations using whatever I find hiding in my drawers – much more fun than especially going out to buy decorations 😉
So now the hard work is done – make a cup of tea, call in family and friends and enjoy your tea and cake!
Stay tuned for more by subscribing to FunkyForty.com in pink box below!
11 Persons think this post is funky