One of my favourite things about Birthdays is the cool presents you get, (yes I admit to being such a child – smile), in any case this year I received the most awesome cookbook from a dear Kiwi friend – written by Kiwi teenager Amelia Ferrier.
Being a hot summers day this was the first recipe I simply had to try:
No-Bake White Chocolate, Peanut Butter Slice
Prepare 20cm x 20cm slice tin (either grease tin or line with baking paper)
- 375g plain biscuits – crushed
- 1 & 1/2 cups dried dates – chopped
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 100g butter (original is 150 but I think 100 is enough)
- 395 g sweetened condensed milk
- pinch of salt
- Melt butter, condensed milk and salt in small saucepan over medium heat
- Pour over crushed biscuits and coconut and mix to combine,
- Spoon into prepared tin and press down firmly to flatten – refrigerate.
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 250g white chocolate
- Crushed nuts
- Handful crushed pretzels
- Melt white chocolate in either microwave or in a bowl over a pot of simmering water
- Add peanut butter
- Spread icing evenly over the base
- Decorate with crushed nuts and a handful of crushed pretzels
Put in fridge until cold – personally I found it tasted much better the next day 😉
Serve as a slice with coffee
or add a little fruit as after dinner desert
…and just to prove to you it tastes good – some 3rd party evidence – smile!
A big thank you Sandra for the cool birthday present!
Please make my day by signing up for FunkyForty in pink box below!
5 Persons think this post is funky