This has seriously got to be one of my favourite cakes from a taste point of view – it also has the added benefit of not needing any icing as the flavours are so rich and the slices of cake look pretty on their own.
175g butter, 1 tsp vanilla sugar, 1 pinch salt, 4 eggs, 100g white chocolate, 2 tsp whiskey, 100g sour cream, 250 g flour. 1tsp baking powder, 6 dark chocolate bars (I have used milk chocolate – they just need to be brown instead of white).
1) Line a 30cm loaf baking tin with baking paper.
2) Mix the butter and sugar, add vanilla sugar and salt.
3) Add the eggs one by one until the mixture turns a lighter colour.
4) Melt the whiskey and white chocolate together – either over simmering hot water or in the microwave at 600 for 1 minute.
5) Add sour cream to melted chocolate and then add this to the rest of the cake mixture.
6) Add flour and baking powder.
1) Pur half of the mixture into the base of the tin.
2) Place four of the chocolate bars on top – making two rows (each row containing two bars)
3) Place half of the remaining cake mixture on top.
4) Place the remaining 2 chocolate bars in a line down the centre of the cake
5) Pour remaining cake mixture on top
Bake for approximately 1 hour at 180°c
6 Persons think this post is funky