This time it’s about you – with all that delicious food, apero, dinner party invites etc. coming up for Christmas lets think of being fit beforehand so we have a real excuse to indulge! Be Fit for Christmas!
It may be super cold where you are right now but even that is no excuse to go outside for a run.
Did you know that only 5 minutes of running per day will have a substantial effect on your health?
6 Reasons to Start Running 5 Minutes a Day:
- Improved Brain Performance – due to increased flow of oxygen rich blood throughout the body including the brain.
- Better Mood – no matter what your day has been like a run will put you in a much better mood and help you think of the way forward.
- Better Sleep
- Reduce High Blood Presure
- 45 percent lower risk of death from cardiovascular disease, according to a 2014 study published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
- Increase your lifespan by 3 years
Read more on medicalidaily.com
3 Tips to make sure you really start running:
- Make a friend go with you
- Only run short distances for the first month at least
- Buy yourself some new running shoes.
My personal favourite running shoes are Asics / I love their online site that helps you decide which shoes are perfect for you click here.
Wishing you all lots of fun getting Fit For Christmas – I promise you will thank me if you start running at least 5 mins a day!
PS: Never miss a post by signing up to FunkyForty in the pink box below!
11 Persons think this post is funky